cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Instance Browsing Error

Noman_Siddique
Level 3

Hello All,

I wanted to integrate Backup Exec 20.5 with Oracle Database 12c, both the servers have same operating system, I have installed the client/agent of backup exec at oracle machine & have done all the configurations at Backup Exec Agent Utility.

Once i tried Backup Selection it is giving me the Error "Select a logon account to use when connecting to the resource Oracle Database instance". 

Attached is the screenshot of the Error, kindly let me know how i can resolve this issue?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
OK, so you are compliant in 2 important areas: 1. BE and the Oracle DB are not on the same server; 2. Oracle 12c is supported on BE 20.5 Make sure you have the latest patch/SP for BE. Your best bet is to check the link below and make sure that you have the correct permissions: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100001916

RogRubin
Employee

Ensure that you specify the Oracle account on the BE server itself, under the General Settings / Oracle

Not on the same physical server, but the operating system is same on both machines, backup exec is getting access to server not to the database instances.
Is their any issue with the useraccount  that is added to backup exec utility ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Just make sure your BESA has the proper rights to that Oracle DB instance otherwise it's not going to work.