cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Resources

PD001
Level 5

When I backup my File and Print Server, it fails with "Directory cannot be found" it seems to take all the resources on the machine. The machine becomes unavailable and needs to be rebooted. This server is Window 2003 R2 with a Equallogic SCSI SAN volume attached. 

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check to see what directory it lists, and then verify that it actually exists on the server. if not, deselect it from within BE.

If it does exist, then make sure the appropriate permissions are set on the folder/s which will allow BE to back it up.

Thanks!

PD001
Level 5

Craig,

Yes the folders exist, if I try and backup the whole server in one job, it will "Run out of Resources" and fail. what I end up doing is backing up everything but the shared drives , which are on the SAN volumn and backup the shared folders in seperate jobs. but they don't alwasy succeed and I have to reboot the server between jobs. I need to know what is running out of resources and why?

Thanks

Pat

CraigV

...does your media server have enough memory/CPU to run backups correctly?

Thanks!

PD001
Level 5

Yes, only backing up 13 servers ,

2 dual cores with 8GB of memory

PD001
Level 5

I'm still trying to figure out why my File and print server runs out of resources when being backed up. 

Thanks in advance

Pat

PD001
Level 5

Hi, 

this has not been solved, I had the same issue this weekend. Looking for some other solutions

CraigV

...so if it's running out of resources on the remote servers, can you verify that any AV installed isn't perhaps actively scanning the BE service - beremote.exe? If so, put in an exclusion for it and then try again.

Thanks!

PD001
Level 5

yes have the Symantec folder and all subfolders excluded