I have checked the symantec backup exec with most of the options and gathered many information to make a backup strategy. i plan to use the Partition insted of Media.
Lets say i have 2 partition
Partition1 using Tape 1 and Tape 2
Partition2 using Tape 3,4,5,6 and Tape 7
I use partition 1 to take Differential backup daily, i want to make sure the following things
1. Data can be append for 30 Days and backed up data will be protected for 60 Days,
2. After 30 Days Second Tape must be used to Append Data for another 30 Days
3. After 60 Days it should use the First tape back.
Kindly advise me the correct settings
here are the pictures of settings
Solved! Go to Solution.
OK assuming you can get 30days differential on one tape, remember that the 60 day overwrite protection period period will start from the end of the last job to write to the tape.
So Tape 1 is used for 30 days
Tape 2 is then used for 30days
Tape 1 will not be available for another 30 days so you will need tape 3
So meaning to say if i have 2 tapes my settings should be
30 OPP and 30 AP,
So tape 1 will be used for 30 days and opp start for next 30 Days for the first tape
Tape 2 will be used for 30 days and opp start for next 30 Days for the second tape
Then Tape 1 will be used again.
i have some confusion on this topic
1. is OPP mark the Entire tape not to be available for the OPP Specific Duration based on the Last Backuped Job?
2. Do tapes lost Entire Data, When the Tape is Overwrited by the first job after end of OPP Duration?
Kindly Reply me