cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password problems with the System Logon Account

Nick_Danson
Level 2
I've taken over a system after the previous admin was fired. He left without telling anyone the service account password so we have changed it.

Everything appears to logon but we can't create any new jobs. I've found a document in the Knowledgebase, No: 267170, which describes the problem and tells me how to change the password for the System Logon Account except that we have to type in the old password, which we don't know.

Is there any way to get round this and to reset the password without knowing the old one?

Any help is much appreciated.

Nick
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Change the BackupExec Service Account password from User Manager, then go to the Services manager and change the startup properties of each of the BackupExec services to reflect the new passwordMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Nick_Danson
Level 2
That was what I did but for some reason Backup Exec doesn't appreciate that and I need to change the password in the Network -> Logon Account screen. Except that it asks me for the old password.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Did you shutdown and restart the services after changing the password?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Nick,

Could you update us on the issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.