cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perflib Fehler: Ereignis ID 1023 - auch mit BE 2014

fspwaku
Level 3

Nachdem der letzte Thread mit dem Hinweis geschlossen wurde, das der Fehler dadurch verursacht wird, das unser BE auf einem nicht unterstützen OS installliert war, erstelle ich jetzt einen neuen Thread.

Jetzt ist die neue Version BackupExec 2014 ja wohl kompatibel mit Windows Server 2012 Standard 64-bit und der Fehler erscheint immer noch.

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No mention of which forum query you are talking about, or a proper error message...can you please post?

Thanks!

fspwaku
Level 3

This is the thread:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/perflib-fehler-ereignis-id-1023

and the error message is:

Ereignis ID1023, perflib: Die erweiterbare Leistungsindikator-DLL Backup Exec kann nicht geladen werden.

CraigV

...have you tried to redownload the ISO?

Thanks!

fspwaku
Level 3

The program is already installed with no errors. I did not get this error while installation.

CraigV

So when do you get this error? Trying to run it? Have you tried both a repair of BE using Add/Remove Programs and a repair of the BEDB using BEutility.exe?

Thanks!

fspwaku
Level 3

The error appears every day one or two times in my server event log. The error appeared in the beta version and it occurs now in the final 2014 version and in all versions inbetween. The final version has been a complete new installation with deleting all previous versions, folders etc.. The error is the same.

Now that I have finally a running version of BE2014, I will not want to reinstall everything again with not even a small chance that this will help ... and it's only an error in my event log.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try running a repair of the SQL instance followed by a repair of BE.

fspwaku
Level 3

I run the BEUtility and repaired the database, but what do you mean by "repair of BE"? Start setup from CD and choose the repair function?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes. Either from the DVD or from Programs & Features under the Control Panel. Do the repair of SQL from the Control Panel - Programs & Features

fspwaku
Level 3

Maybe this solution will help someone else, i will not try it. As I wrote above ... I have now been working with various betas over a long period and lots of trouble. Now that I have a working backup, I will not risk to loose it again. Anyway I am pretty sure that it will not change anything. I followed many perflib errors on the web and the most presented solutions seems to be that a dll is in the wrong path. I will ignore this error in my event log.

So close this post if you like .. and thanks for the assistance.