cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform a restore from offline media.

AMPeisch
Level 2

I have to do a restore from tape and the media has a red x in it.  I am aware the media is offline.  I have looked on the media and it does have the data that needs to be restored.  How do I bring the media back online and restore from it?  I have tried to do an import with no success.  Every time i run the job it says:

Please insert media '000005L3' into the robotic library by creating an Import media job.

If the media does not have a bar code, click Options on the Import Job Properties, and select 'Auto-inventory after import is completed'.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You need enable left and right magzine of the robotic library then all 16 slots will appear.

To eject a tape just right click on the slot which contains tape and select eject, insert new tape and

then run inventory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB

Any tape which is not available in the library or tape drive is an offline media.

If you have already inserted the tape in the library or drive then perform inventory which will make

an entry of the media in the BE database and the tape will appear as online media

AMPeisch
Level 2

Thank you for the very quick response. The tape never leaves the library.  It is a Dell Powervault 124T that has 16 Slots.  Only 8 Slots show under the robotic Libraries.  All slots are full.  How can i eject one tape and insert the one i wish to restore from?

AmolB

You need enable left and right magzine of the robotic library then all 16 slots will appear.

To eject a tape just right click on the slot which contains tape and select eject, insert new tape and

then run inventory.