cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hello,

I have a job that performs the backup of all my servers to disk. After this job, i have a duplicate job to tape.

The job to tape is not working and i am getting the following error messages:

Drive and media mount requested: 28-02-2007 14:34:26
V-79-57344-33037 - Error - Mount failed.

Media GUID: {6B38C766-4DBA-4E6D-8816-23F981D0E709}
Media Label: B2D000163
V-79-57344-33037 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

Both KB solutions are not working.

Can you please help me to solve this issue?

Thank you,
3 REPLIES 3

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
I have performed a normal backup without using the job, and i was able to backup sucessfully. But if i start the job, the job will failed with the Physical Volume Library Media not found error.

If i rename the catalog folder to old, and make backup exec to build another catalog , should this solve my problem?

Thank you,

Afonso_Martins
Level 4
Hello,

I have found something strange regarding my problem.

If i make a normal backup to tape with BE it works.

My first job, a backup to disk works great. The second job, the duplicate job that starts after the first finish, will copy the data to the tape.

On the duplicate job i am getting the Physical Volume Library Media not found error.

I found on the error message, the the duplicate job is trying to backup a media label that dosen't exist on the disk.

Can this be the cause of the problem?

Thank you,

superalf
Level 3
Was a solution ever found to this problem? I'm running BEWS 10d and I'm having the exact problem. I have a policy which creates backup-to-disk jobs and duplicate jobs to tape. The duplicate jobs run fine, but then all of a sudden I get the "Physical Volume Library Media not found" error message and then it will fail consistently. I have multiple jobs running on this policy, but the failures will usually affect only one server at a time.

The workaround I've found is to delete the jobs and recreate them using the policy. Then they'll work fine for a few months, until the problem starts up again. This is quite annoying as I loose the job's history each time (when I right click on the job, the contents of the history will be blank).

Any permanent solutions for this problem?