cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command. Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command. Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command

Vishwa
Level 3

Hi,

i add new tapes to Backup Exec 2012 R2 ..

Steps Followed:

1. Run the  Inventory

2. Associated the media with media sets.

3.Then i tried to take the backup to this tape ..

Error:

Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well.
 Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do not move the media into media set, let BE do that for you.

BE moves the media from SCRATCH media set to others as and when required.

Now for the job to use newly added tapes, move them back to SCRATCH media set. Right click on media and click on Associate with media set and select SCRATCH from drop-down menu. Then run the job...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you associate a media with a media set, the OPP and AP settings immediately applies.  If the allocated/modified date is recent then the media will not be immediately overwriteable.  As advised earlier, you should leave it in the scratch media set where the media are overwriteable.

Business_Commun
Level 2
Partner

Hi, I'm running a full backup of my server using Backup Exec 2012.  I have the backup configure to use a hard drive.  Why am I getting this error?

I've also found out that, it is not backing up the the G drive that I've program on Storage.  It is backing up to one of my network storage drive.  I'm so confused. 

I'm getting this error - but I'm using a usb hard drive though?  Any help is appreciated.

Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please open a new discussion so that the query will get the attention it actually deserves.