cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Template Question

Jason_Reynolds_
Level 4
I am experimenting with using policies and had a few questions.  When there are multiple templates in a policy is it possible to link specific templates ONLY to specific Selection Lists?  I don't think it is possible, but thought I should ask in case I am wrong.  Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Jason,

Can you expand on what you are attempting to accomplish?  I'm slightly confused on your question.

Regards,

Jason_Reynolds_
Level 4
I split my full backup needs in to five jobs that run on 5 separate drives so that if one of the jobs fails I can rerun it during the week in the shortened backup window.  Currently I use 5 selection lists and 5 separate policies with a template in each of them.  I was wondering if I could group the five templates into one policy and have them run consecutively.  I tried setting this up but instead of generating 5 jobs with one for each template it generated 25 jobs with 5 for each template.

GRD
Not applicable
I'm also wondering how to do this. I currently have 2 polices (each with 3 templates: Daily, Weekly, Monthly) call them A and B  and 2 selection lists, call them 1 and 2. I created jobs matching policy templates in A with selection list 1 and policy templates in B with selection list 2. I would like to use the template rules to run one job at the completion of another but the jobs I want to chain are based on templates from different policies and the template rules can't seem to be setup to work across policies.

So, I thought I would have one policy with 6 templates and still have the 2 selection lists. However, when you create the jobs using the policy you get 12 instead of 6 because all 6 templates run against the 2 selection lists. Is there a way to match up templates to selection list when creating the jobs?