cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor support from Symantic. Email from tech support included

Bob_Sanford
Level 3
Attached is the final email received from the Backline Support Engineer from Symantec. For all interested in purchasing this product... think twice.

Our problem was scheduled reports fail and no email attachment is generated.

The software performs correctly in demo mode but does not work once we enter the serial number.

I guess buyer beware!

Here is the message:

Chris / Bob,

I left voicemail for each of you explaining the present status of this case?s issues. This email will give further details. The first issue where scheduled report jobs could not be run with SBS licensing will be addressed in an upcoming HotFix. I do not know the exact release date of the HotFix. The Second issue regarding Report Job email notification not attaching a report when configured will not be addressed at this time. This was looked at by engineering and was determined to be in a different area of code from the scheduled job issue and since yours is the only case we have received related to this particular issue, the priority is not sufficient for developing an immediate patch. Since this case was opened through Dell, I have notified our internal Dell representative about the issue and status. From a Tech Support, we have done all we can do. Bob, since this issue is obviously of great importance to you, I would recommend working through Dell to engage engineering or sales to raise the priority / visibility of this issue. If you have any questions, please let me know. The link below is for the TechNote released to cover the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281743

Regards,

Russ Perry

Backline Support Engineer

Symantec Corporation

www.symantec.com

-----------------------------------------------------

Office: 407-357-7237

russell_perry@symantec.com
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Bob,

This forum is meant for technical queries related to Backup Exec only.

Kindly, do not encourage and continue any non-technical discussions further.

We appreciate your co-operation on this.

Regards