Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Command Not Working

AdSpies_com
Level 2
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I put the following in the Post-command block of my job:
c:\postjob.bat

And, yes, I've verified that the file is there and works great (from the command prompt).

However, every time I run the job I get the following error:

What's the deal?

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just to double check

When you logon to the media server as the BackupExec service account, you can run the job with no problems?

Have you tried moving the BAT file to some other location on the Drive or to another drive?

AdSpies_com
Level 2
I'm actually running Backup Exec while logged in as Administrator.  Could it be that the Backup Exec Service Account doesn't have permissions to the file?

And yes, I've tried moving the file to another folder and even another drive...all of them failed.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Could it be that the Backup Exec Service Account doesn't have permissions to the file?

That's what it sounds like

AdSpies_com
Level 2
I had hope there for a second...then went and checked the services and they're running under the Administrator account.

No luck there :(

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
The batch file is on the remote server?  I found that both the pre and post had to be on the remote system I was backing up.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Is this batch file to be run on the media server, or the remote server being backed up? The default option is to run it on the server being backed up, in which case it must be on the server.
If you want the batch file to be run on the media server, the option is under Tools, Options, Pre/Post Commands.

AdSpies_com
Level 2
Ok guys, I now feel like a complete idiot for missing that option box (on the media server or on each server backed up).

Thanks for showing me the light.