cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Job Command fails

Mike_Bailey
Level 2
I'm trying to use a Post Job Command. I want it to run a vbscript to clean up some files after they have been backed up.

When it runs, I get this error:

Error: Could not start Post Job Command < d:\AdminScripts\DeleteACT2006BackupFiles.vbs >. Error (193): (null) is not a valid Win32 application.

Can I not run a vbs script in as a Post Command? What constitutes a "valid Win32 application"?

Thanks,
Mike
5 REPLIES 5

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Mike,

You can run only these commands using the pre and post commands:

1. bat
2. exe
3. cmd

You also cannot execute an .exe file from a batch file.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Bailey
Level 2
You replied that I can not run a .exe from a batch file, but can I run the .vbs that I am trying to use from the batch file?

Mike

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please use *.exe, *.bat or *.cmd in PRE/POST commands

.vbs extension batch cannot be used.

Let us know the update.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Mike_Bailey
Level 2
Tejashree, while I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question, you DID NOT answer my question. All you did was repeat the first reply that I got.

In the first reply, he pointed out that I could not run a .exe from within a .bat files

So, I asked if I could run a .vbs from within the .bat file. This is what my whole post is about - the .vbs script!

You replied and again I told that .vbs is not permited as a pre/post command - I ALREADY KNOW THAT. That was not my question!

If you are going to reply to these posts, take the time to *really* read them - PLEASE!

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Mike,

As mentioned in the first reply only these type of files are supported for running the pre and post commands.

So theVBS script CANNOT be run through a batch file. This configuration is not supported.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.