cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Command running even when backup not scheduled???

Mike_Tobias
Level 2
We're using Backup Exec 10d's Pre and Post Command settings to stop our database server service before running our nightly backup, and then restart it when the backup is complete. Our offices are open Monday-Thursday, so we don't run backups Friday nights.

This Monday morning our database server service was not running. Checking the logs, I discovered that the service was stopped on Friday at 11:00pm, which is the precise time that our backups run M-Th. It appears that Backup Exec ran the "Pre-Command" on Friday, even though no backup was scheduled, but never did run the "Post-Command", leaving our database service down. Is this possible? I just don't have any other explaination for this happening.

Thanks,

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Did the job run succesfuly?

How have you configured your pre and post commands to run? What all have you selected in the job properties under "pre and post commands" ?

Would the pre and the post job commands run succesfuly before?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mike_Tobias
Level 2
Thanks for your reply. I found the other process on the server that was stopping the service. It looks like it had nothing to do with the backup software after all.

Thanks,

Mike