cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre/Post Commands

Not applicable
We have a Win2K machine that performs database functions for the company. The database file is located on the server. When the backup starts (v9.1), I'd like to stop the DB service on the Win2K machine and start it afterwards.What I'd like to know is if putting the commands stop & start commands (UNC format) in the pre/post command section of the backup job will stop the services on the remote machine or do I have to create a scheduled task on the Win2K machine?Thanks,t
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable
Tom wrote:> We have a Win2K machine that performs database functions for the company. > The database file is located on the server. When the backup starts (v9.1), > I'd like to stop the DB service on the Win2K machine and start it > afterwards.> > What I'd like to know is if putting the commands stop & start commands (UNC > format) in the pre/post command section of the backup job will stop the > services on the remote machine or do I have to create a scheduled task on > the Win2K machine?> > > > Thanks,> t > > If you just need to stop and start a service, use NETSVC from the ResKit. Use it just like NET, except specify which remote machine to execute the command on.If you need to execute some command specific to that database manager, use SOON, also from the ResKit