Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre processing

Not applicable
The backup Exec stuck in Pre processing
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if you have selected "Show Progress Indicators" Backup Exec will scan all selected drives/shares/databases to get a count of number of files and total bytes.

If you have many shares in one job this can take quite a while.

Try deselecting Progress Indicators

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

In case the problem persists, elaborate on the following details:

- Are you backing up to a tape or a backup- to -disk folder?
- Do you get any error alerts in the alerts tab within backup exec when the jobs stays in pre processing.
- Restart all the backup exec services and verify the results.
- Also look for errors in the windows event logs.

Reevrt with details if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Ransom_Cardoza
Level 3
I in the process of upgrading from version 9, 9.1, 10d out BE 11d and am experiencing the same problem on 18 of the servers rolled out so far. Symantec
Similar symptoms

1. Backup hangs in preprocessing mode.
2. For tape libraries with two or more drives the job holds all other jobs running after it.
3. As the jobs run into infinity mode jobs that have been waiting their turn start generating more than 50 missed status logs in job history.

Any one who can help

Ransom_Cardoza
Level 3
Hi Priya,

In reponse to your question may be you can help.

Backing up to tape no alerts but when I stop the remote agent server the job comes up as successful and byte size 0.If I am backing up the media server I can't even stop the services and have to kill them using kill.exe.

I in the process of upgrading from version 9, 9.1, 10d out BE 11d and am experiencing the same problem on 18 of the servers rolled out so far. Symantec
Similar symptoms

1. Backup hangs in preprocessing mode.
2. For tape libraries with two or more drives the job holds all other jobs running after it.
3. As the jobs run into infinity mode jobs that have been waiting their turn start generating more than 50 missed status logs in job history.

Any one who can help