cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preference Order OPP OR Append period

wajeeh_r
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I just want to understand, If before starting a job BE finds that OPP is expired and same time append is also valid, for example OPP is set to 20 hrs. from last job and append is valid for 6 weeks from the time media is allocated to media set. In such case preference will be given to append or OPP, I mean the BE will append in next job OR try to over write after seeing expiration.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It depends on your job setting. If your job is set to overwrite, then it will ignore any appendable media and just look for overwritable media. If your job is set to "append, otherwise overwrite", then it will first look for appendable media. If it can find appendable media, then it will append to it. If it cannot find appendable media, then it will look for overwritable media to overwrite. If your job is set to append, then it will ignore overwritable media. If it cannot find appendable media, it will fail

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It depends on your job setting. If your job is set to overwrite, then it will ignore any appendable media and just look for overwritable media. If your job is set to "append, otherwise overwrite", then it will first look for appendable media. If it can find appendable media, then it will append to it. If it cannot find appendable media, then it will look for overwritable media to overwrite. If your job is set to append, then it will ignore overwritable media. If it cannot find appendable media, it will fail

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Wajeeh,

Adding to what PKH mentioned, you may also refer to the following articles to get more details on the overwrite protection period(OPP) and Append Period(AP): 

An explanation of the "Overwrite Protection Period" and the "Append Period"(with video):

About media overwrite protection and append periods:

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have already provided these document to the OP in another discussion.