cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Incremantal SQL Backup when previously i backup manually

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

I have setup backup with full backup and Incremental backup. 

Full backup always sucessfully, but Incremental backup error when previously i backup manually

V-79-57344-867 - The last Full backup of database IRADIO2 was not made by this application.  Run a new Full backup, then run this job again.
V-79-57344-37937 - Database IRADIO3 was recently restored.  A new Full backup is needed before incremental, differential, or transaction log backups can be run.

I have application for our bisnis that need for backup Iradio2 and restore Iradio3 manually. any solution for my problem ?

Thank's

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Moh_Johan_Rajab
Level 4

so do i have to alway do command bellow ? everytime i do a backup manually. because I have application for our bisnis that need for backup Iradio2 to restore Iradio3 manually

select name, backup_start_date 

from msdb..backupset 
where database_name = 'dbname' 
order by backup_start_date desc

if no other solution ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess you are doing log shipping which cannot be done if you want to then do incremental backups of the SQL database with BE.

When you do backups other than with BE, you will encounter your problem.  This will happen even if you use SQL Studio to do the other backups.  What you can do, is to only do full backups of your SQL databases with BE, then you would not have your problem.  This is applicable to your first database.

For your second database, you also need to do a full backup before you can do incremental backups because it has been restored.  So the workaround for both your databases is to only do full backups with BE, no incremental backups.