cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing shared resource

DMCONDE
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to backup a shared folder (in a W2K3 server), but i'm not able to click on the shared resource because it´s grey. Is not possible to do that?  Till now, I was working with ARCServe manager and I don´t have any problems with this, Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have a RemoteAgent serial installed on the media server and the Remote Agent started and running on that remote machine?

BackupExec will not connect to what it thinks is a ServerOS without the serial installed.  If the remote machine is a non-windows OS, you cannot install the RA, but still need the serial on the media server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have a RemoteAgent serial installed on the media server and the Remote Agent started and running on that remote machine?

BackupExec will not connect to what it thinks is a ServerOS without the serial installed.  If the remote machine is a non-windows OS, you cannot install the RA, but still need the serial on the media server

DMCONDE
Level 2
Are you telling me that it´s neccesary a remote agent in every machine I would like to copy a folder (even it´s shared)? I am very surprised because it´s only a folder, I don´t want to copy the system or a SQL or Oracle, or ... I think I had a mistake purchasing this software.

DMCONDE
Level 2

And as you say, if it´s a "normal" PC (XP) you can Backup a shared folder, I think that´s incredible. I will never buy this software again for another machine.