cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after installing Backup Exec 10..Please help me

Level 3
Hei there.

After installing this software, my server have this message after each restart:

At least one service or driver failed after system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.

I can't find any problems in the log.

Any suggestion?

(Win2003 SP1)

Thanks. Christian
9 REPLIES 9

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
Which service? You can look in your services and see. An event log should have been written. How did you install it? Did you put in the correct product keys.

Level 3
Event Type:Information
Event Source:Backup Exec SNMP Server
Event Category:None
Event ID:2015
Date:04.05.2005
Time:20:58:22
User:N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 2015 ) in Source ( Backup Exec SNMP Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

Level 3
And this:

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:BackupExecAgentBrowser
Event Category:None
Event ID:57417
Date:04.05.2005
Time:20:58:11
User:N/A
Description:
The Agent Browser's NetWare SAP module could not start because an IPX socket could not be opened. Ensure that the NWLink IPX/SPX Compatible Transport is installed if you want support for Agents that communicate via SPX.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml
Data:
0000: 3f 27 00 00 ?'..

Level 3
The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog.

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
New install or update? Did you install using Administrator? If not, uninstall and reinstall logged in as Administrator. Tell us more about your installation. Details would help.

Level 3
I installed a clean install with administrator. Used a brand new lisencs key. I tried to reinstall it a couple of time with other users with no luck.

But when i uninstall the software, the startup works fine.

This is going on my nerves.

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
Did you install all the service packs and patches for BE and SQL? What do you mean by the startup works fine? More details about what you are doing. Short answers make it hard to resolve your problems. Does the SQL engine start on the server. Do you have problems logging into BE?

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263037

Also intimate us whether this message is detrimental to the proper functioning of the server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to the "answered threads" pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.