cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in weekly full backup

Prakash_Nailwal
Level 3

hi there

i am facing a problem in weekly full backup on symantec backup exec 2010 R3.

i have schedule two type of backup (Daily incremental and weekly full backup with folder selection) but daily incremental is doing fine but weekly full backup is  getting failed after some time .

selection is same for both Job type.

Error Code of the job is.

E000FE09

if any body have solution pls help me.

Thanks 

Prakash

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is Advanced Open File option enabled for the backup jobs ? If running any AV, do ensure it is set to exclude from scanning the BE processes.

Lastly, have a look @ this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH71493

Prakash_Nailwal
Level 3

hi

in daily incremental it is showing all the folder i have selected for the backup. but in the weekly full backup it is only showing the drive name // SUBDIR (not showing the folders i have selected for the backup).

also the selection is same for both job type.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you post the failed job log. Secondly, have you tried recreating the job and selection list ?

Prakash_Nailwal
Level 3

Job Completion Status 
Job ended: Friday, October 24, 2014 at 8:54:54 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe09 - The directory is invalid.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65033

Errors 
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- E:V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Accounts and its subdirectories.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \HR and its subdirectories.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the directory that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \New Esco KB and its subdirectories.

Note:-

i have shifted these folders in a different drive (Accounts,HR, New Esco KB). also in daily backup it is working fine.

Sym-cr
Level 5

Hi Prakash,

Below mentioned article may help you.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH90739

I have also pasted a part of the same article which resembles the issue you are currently facing with weekly full backup.

• Remove non-existent files from a backup selection list:
    • BE 9x and 10.x: From the Job Setup tab, right-click on the job, Select Properties. Select the Selections tab and under the View format option, Select Text. Locate and delete all entries referring to the concerned file.
    • BE 11d, 12.x, and 2010: From the Job Setup tab, right-click on the backup job and select Properties | Selections. Click on "View Selection Details." Locate and delete all the entries that are not required.

Thanks!!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If your full backup and incremental backup i us not u using the same selection list, create one and use it in both jobs. This way when you edit the selection list both jobs will use the updated selection list