Did you mean: 

Problem installation of client

Kadiev
Level 3

Hello,

installed to test Symantec Backup Exec Server,
but I have a problem:

When you install client computers receive the following:

Upon installation of the client over Windows 10 Pro, it is installed correctly without any problems.

When installing the client on WIndows 10 Home, the installation ends with error 1603 and in no way can be installed.

- No antivirus, no UAC, no firewall or other software that prevents the installation

The experiment was conducted on brand new computers installed.

Please explain why the client does not want to install on Windows Home versions ????

Best Regards,

15 REPLIES 15

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Windows 10 Home editions shows supported in the BE 15's SCL.

Have you tried a local install of the Remote Agent ?

Would you attach the install log as well ? Thanks.

Kadiev
Level 3

Hi,

To try local installation here is the result

I attached logos and photos.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Note that to backup any client machines, you would need to purchase and install a remote agent licence on the media server. Otherwise, the backups would not work after the 60-days trial period

VJware
Level 6

As per the log, try this KB article - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000007922

Kadiev
Level 3

Well tried in Method 1, I think the result is the same attachment log file

Note: There is no problem to buy the product, but it must be working and watching as it does not apply to this;)

VJware
Level 6

Are you launching the installer using "Run as admin" ?

Kadiev
Level 3

Well tried in Method 2:

Kadiev
Level 3

To run with administrator option:

VJware
Level 6

Check these articles for any remaining traces of the failed Remote Agent install and remove them -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH130940 

https://www.veritas.com/community/blogs/symantec-backup-exec-2014-remote-agent-manual-uninstall

The last 2 ones contain references to the registry entries if any present. Remove the traces and reboot the system. Retry running a silent install.

If it still fails, would recommend logging a formal support case.

Kadiev
Level 3

To explain it to clear.

Delete your entire computer.

Install a brand new Windows 10 Home and client module does not want to install. I tried everything !!!

Install a brand new Windows 10 Pro and client module is installed without problems.

Please let me hanging so why ???
Who do I contact for help ????

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What data are you putting on Win 10 Home "servers" which needs BE to protect? How many Win 10 Home machines are you planning to deploy?

Kadiev
Level 3

The company has 80 Windovs Home and 300 Windovs Pro .....10 Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter ....

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you found out the cost of using BE to protect these workstations? Each one of them would need a BE remote agent licence. Normally for workstations, the concern is the user files and it is more economical to back these user files using DLO which is a separate Veritas software. Both BE and DLO are designed to work in domains. You will find that you would have a lot of problems with Win 10 Home editions which cannot be part of a domain. For a start, DLO will not work with them. I suspect your installation problem is because these machines are not part of a domain

Kadiev
Level 3

I do not want to have a domain !!!
If so why the client is installed on Windows 10 Pro, he is not in the domain !!!

Kadiev
Level 3

Case created in Support .... no result by watching the speed of reaction of these gentlemen I wonder if it will not be better to look competitive product Acronis ... like ... this was my leaders three days of silence :(