cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem remote install BackupExec 2014

Admin-COGIWEB
Level 2

Hi there, I want to install a managed Backup Exec 2014 server from a CASO server.

When my CASO validate the installation, everything is OK.

When I start the installation, the CASO server is saying "prepartion of installation files" and shortly after i get "Error copying installation files, Incorrect function"

When I look on my Managed Server, I see the temp folder being created, I see folder created inside, but, when the installation want to copy the first file, It seem to get the error!

Anyone saw and resolved this problem?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not really enough info to answer the question but things like software firewalls, group policies, certain services not started etc (this is on the server you are pushing to) can all stop a push install.

Would suggest doing a local install, then patching it to same level and then making it a managed server at the end as a workaround.

Admin-COGIWEB
Level 2

Hi Collin, if you tell me wich info you need, I will provide it to you with pleasure.

But, there is no software firewall activated on the target server.  No group policies are activated, this is a brand new server we installed in our branch office yesterday.

From my CASO server, I can, manually, copy file to my target server whitout any problem and the BackupExec 2014 installation program can't !!

I would like to use the push install as it is supposed to work that way.  I know I can try a local install and make it a managed server afterward but, I have some doubt that if the push installed doesn't work, maybe the other method won't work either.

If you could help, it will be appreciated :)

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Install log should help us find out where the error is, though push install isn't the only method to install the MMS. Which is why, a local install option is provided. If you are able to install locally, that would rule out any permission issues.