cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem restoring files

Logan_Burt_2
Level 3
I am trying to restore fioles to the NetWare server from which they were originally backed up.  A user deleted a large directory structure from a NetWare file server, then some of the file structure was either restored through salvage or was recreated.  There are some files throughout the file structure, but there are a lot of files missing.

Since there were files there, I didn't want to overwrite anything with a restoration, so I chose the option to "Skip if file exists".  After performing the restoration job with this option, I see that only a few files were restored, and many files were skipped, even if they did not exist in that folder.  As a check, I narrowed the restore down to a single folder, and still these files were not restored.  I then restored that single folder again, this time with "Restore over existing files" selected, and all files were restored to that folder.

Is there a problem with the Remote Agent for NetWare that I cannot restore all files while skipping only those that already exist?  Does anyone know why I am experiencing this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
0 REPLIES 0