cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Problem with BE after Active Directory restore

Greg_x
Not applicable
In a test LAN I did a test AD restore. I used the system state backup from the production LAN. Only 1 issue. After the restore the Backup Exec on the test LAN Domain controller wont start. I get the following message:

"SQL Server could not find the specified named instance (BKUPEXEC) - please specify the name of an existing instance on the invocation of sqlservr.exe.
If you believe that your installation is corrupt or has been tampered with, uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem."

I then tried to uninstall and got a Windows Installer error because the "VERITAS Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows SErvers.msi" and the folder that its supposed to be located in is missing.

I then tried to reinstall BE on top of the existing installation and it does not complete. During the installation it gives me the same error message as I first stated (SQL Server could not find the specified....). It gives this message 3 times then the installation does not complete.

Also, Veritas is NOT installed on the production Domain Controller were I got the System State. I installed it on the test Domain Controller were I did the test restore. That is probably the reason that Veritas on the test Domain Controller got corrupted.

How can I fix this so BE will run properly again on the test DC?

I am using Backup Exec 10.0, and windows Server 2003.

Thanks in advance,
Greg
0 REPLIES 0