cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Backup Exec 15 "the backup exec database was offline"

JLemus
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I installed Backup Exec15 in a Windows Server 2008R2, the preinstallation and the installation was Ok, it was executed with no problem, but when i tried to run Exec15, it requests the username and  password, I use the local administrator account and then it displays a Message error "the backup exec database was offline" and the application cannot be executed. 

I enter to the SQL Studio, and tried to restart the Database but it displays another error message in where the SQL$BACKUPEXEC service cannot be started.

Please can you help me with this?

Thanky you in advance.

Greetings!

21 REPLIES 21

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi CW2

This condition directly relates to .NET versions and MS patch levels (including possible the patch installation order). Even one of the more recent patches has been found to cause issues and as such we did update the article very recently.  If anyone finds that the steps provided in the article do not solve their condition then  we will need a formal support case to understand if there is a combination we do not know about.

With regards your workaround information we are aware that modifying the SQL protocols did often fix the condition however we deliberately did  not put it in our official article due to the potential for future unknown effects. I believe we may have found out that the steps involving the SQL protocols didn't fix all customers anyway.

Thanx So much, this also solved my problem.