cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Problem with DRPrepWizard - Server 2003

Keith_Jefferson
Not applicable
Hello all, my first posting here and I'm pretty certain that there aren't many (any?) other avenues for support left, so thanks for taking the time to read and/or assist.

I recently replaced an old Pentium III Dell Poweredge with a brand new Dual Xeon Dell Poweredge w/SAS drives at a customer site.  We re-used all of their existing software, including their retail Windows 2003 Server Enterprise.

Backup Exec 9.0 is installed with all of the same service packs that existed on the other machine (I can get a list of these if it helps, but not right at the moment) plus the latest tape library update that was necessary to get the Certance LTO-2 drive to work.  All applications work as before (just much faster! <G>) and the machine backs up flawlessly every night.

However ... the old machine was never running IDR.  An oversight that I am attempting to correct.  However, when I try to run the IDR Preparation Wizard, I get a DRPrepWizard error window that reads:

Error opening registry key
"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\Legacy_MEGASAS\000"
"\\PARAGON_NT1"
The system cannot find the file specified

This key, indeed, does not exist.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the SAS controller, but really don't know where to go from here.  Anybody seen this before or have any ideas?

Thanks,

-- Keith
0 REPLIES 0