cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Remote Agent running on Server

PaulWTonkin
Level 2

We have backup Exec 12 running on 2 servers, and Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility Running on server2. We backup from the first server(1) and backup data from the second server(2) using the Remote Agent. This has been working for a good few months, and then sometime between Friday and Sunday the same backup job we run 5 days a week failed reporting the following error.

Job ended: Wednesday, 23 July 2008 at 2:53:04 p.m.

Completed status: Failed

Final error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37912

Both Servers were rebooted yesterday and the same backup job completed successfully.  This job runs on server1 and backs up data on the server2 via the remote agent.

I have also tried Repairing the database, repairing the installation,confirmed that the remote agent is running on Server2, stopping and restarting services.  After a reboot this morning the problem wasn't resolved so now I'm a bit stuck.

Any one have any clues what might be causing this...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Make sure that the RemoteAgent service on the second server is running

PaulWTonkin
Level 2

Hi There - yes can confirm that RemoteAgent Service is running on second Server.

Still no go.

Steran
Level 2
We had that exact same error.  I look around and finally found that we needed to have a remote agent license for each remote agent we have installed and running.  I have purchased the needed licenses and now I'm having a different error.  I rebooted our server and will be testing tonight.  I'll report back.