cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SDR and legacy support

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Hi,

I have 2 servers (Lenovo x3650M3) on 2 different locations, production and backup. Both are almost identical (production have 32GB RAM and backup server have 16GB). Server on production is installed with W2k8r2. Disks are configured with MBR and LEGACY SUPPORT is enabled in BIOS/uEFI.

For testing purposes I've tried to restore this server on backup site using SDR disk. I have confirmed that also LEGACY THUNK SUPPORT is enabled. Unfortunately on one of the wizard appear a pop-up error message (see below). Please help. 

IMG_20170519_140252.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No matter what I have setuped in EFI server always booted in EFI mode. The only way of solving the issue was a special version of SDR (and enabling LEGACY SUPPORT). I have removed EFI directory from SDR (by copying to pendrive) and then server booted in BIOS mode. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

@karol_urbaniak

The firmware type must match to allow restore.

You can use this (http://www.veritas.com/docs/000126055) to check what 'mode' the firmware is currently using. You may need to adjust some of the hardware settings in the BIOS to change to the same mode that the original server is using.

Thank you for help. I have tried to verify whether it is BIOS or uEFI mode. 

The problem still exist. No matter whether I'm disabling/enabling LEGACY THUNK SUPPORT in my IBM x3650m3 I'm still booting SDR with uEFI mode. It must be different settings but I don't know yet which especially that on other servers this setting works. 

criley
Employee Accredited

@karol_urbaniak

So have you checked that WinPE 'sees' this change when enabling the 'Legacy Thunk Support'? Just want to confirm that WinPE is correctly seeing that change and then being in either BIOS or UEFI mode depending on the setting you have chosen..

It looks like WinPE doesn't see any changes in 'Legacy Thunk Support'. All the time sees that hardware is 0x2 which is UEFI.

No matter what I have setuped in EFI server always booted in EFI mode. The only way of solving the issue was a special version of SDR (and enabling LEGACY SUPPORT). I have removed EFI directory from SDR (by copying to pendrive) and then server booted in BIOS mode.