cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with backuping data

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Hi,

I have updated my BackupExec 10d to version 2012. I have updated version 2012 by latest service packs and patchs.

Problem concerns Lotus Notes mailbox files. I can't backup them. I have stop Notes services so access to mailbox files is sure. I'm able to change the name of the mailbox files (so there is no fetch on the files) but still BackupExec 2012 is not backup them. I have no information on backup exec why selected files are omitted (only exception appear that "the backup option or selections for this job have changed since the last it ran"). I have started to backup mailbox files with other options. So I tried turn on and off Advance Open File option. I have tried to backup files with a lock and without and all the time no success. Everything is backup except mailbox files (I didn't setup any exclusions).

Both servers are W2K3 32bit with latest updates connected by 1Gb/s lan.

I don't want to buy additional agent for Lotus Notes because during the night I'm able to stop the Lotus and backup it like regular files. Witch BackupExec 10d there was no problem.

Please help. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vishal_Shinde
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

please find the article, which suggests steps to disable Active File Exclusion.

How to turn off the active file exclusion feature for Lotus Domino R5/R6 backups in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 9.x and above
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23369

Regards,
S

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...those files should be actively excluded, in which case you can't backup the flat-files.. The agent is honestly the best way around this.

There are a number of changes between the 2 versions, and a number of years. Agent-based backups where backups and restores are done online, meaning no downtime, are what the push seems to be.

Thanks!

Vishal_Shinde
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

please find the article, which suggests steps to disable Active File Exclusion.

How to turn off the active file exclusion feature for Lotus Domino R5/R6 backups in Backup Exec for Windows Servers 9.x and above
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23369

Regards,
S

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Sasha2008 you are the best. Many thanks for all of you for answering my question. It works now.

Regards,

Karol