cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with catalogs migration

nicnictout
Level 4

Hello,

i'm facing a strange issue, i followed the Symantec procedure but unfortunately i have a problem with my catalogs.

I am out of space on my C disk, so i start the BEUTILITY to change the catalogs path to a new disk. Everything gones fine, then i restart my BE services. I change the configuration of BE2012 to specify the new location, and i restart the server.

Now i have to issues:

1) When i want to restore, BE is unable to see backup sets previous 7 days, instead of before i was able to restore for months

2) Today, after night backups run, i can see that my catalog folder on C is not empty, as if the new backups write their catalogs in the old folder.

Please help, because the only "bad" trick i have in mind is to create shorlink in my old folder catalog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) When you do your restore, did you expand the date range above the selection so that you can see the earlier backup sets

2) Have you tried rebuilding your catalog index with this command

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec>catrebuildindex -r

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not say which Symantec procedure you followed?
Did you also copy catalog files from previous folder to the new location?

See this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29603

nicnictout
Level 4

Marianne,

i follow this procedure yes, adapted to BE2012 of course.

Yes i copy all catalogs files to new location.

Now, i ran again the migration procedure to copy catalogs created this night, and when i restart the services, the restore window is blank, as if BE doesn't see anymore any catalogs...

I'm going crazy, each time i've got a problem with catalogs (import/migrate/move) it's a big headache and something always goes wrong...

nicnictout
Level 4

Ok i retrieve my 7 days of restore history after a reboot.

My previous catalog folder contained a catstore folder very large, i copy this folder directly in the new one, but maybe i need to copy the content of this folder directly at the root directory?

nicnictout
Level 4

Hi,

well, i move all files from catstrore to catalog root directory, and i can see now an history of 1 month. Far away from my previous 6 month of history.

In catalog folder i'm able to see files older than 3 months, but BE cannot see them.

Any idea of what could be the root cause of this issue?

Thx

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) When you do your restore, did you expand the date range above the selection so that you can see the earlier backup sets

2) Have you tried rebuilding your catalog index with this command

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec>catrebuildindex -r

nicnictout
Level 4

Hello,

problème solved with pkh command. Thx a lot