cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deleting copies in status expired. Failed one of three storages.

Skykite
Level 2

Hello everybody!

I have a problem. After the failure of one of the three storages, I can’t delete copies of backups, some of which were there. How can i fix it?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved my problem. Maybe someone will come in handy.

Go to 

1. In interfaces Veritas Backup Exec - go to Сonfiguration and parameters - Parameters Backup Exec - Network and security - off Block storages.
  2. In interfaces Veritas Backup Exec - go to Сonfiguration and parameters - Parameters Backup Exec - Catalogs - enable check box "use storage based directories".

Next step.

1. Start BEUtility.exe in the catalog C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec (example).
  2. in BEUtility - all servers Backup Exec- select your server - right-click in the context menu - stop all service.
  3. rename folder Catalogs in C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\
  4. Delete old archivs in Storage backup (which are damaged).
  5.  Start all services.
  6. Start Veritas Backup Exec.
  7. Go to tab storage and launch "performinventory and cataloging  ".

it's all. 

Sorry for my English

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

see if any of the points in this article help to match the case at your side - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100032333

I mark the checkbox for “Allow Backup Exec to delete all expired backup sets”. How i can start clear old backups on my storages?

Gurvinder

if you identified the reason why sets are not deleting automatically after expiration time has reached and thats the correct option you selected, then right click on the set and hit expire and that should triger deletion of the set from BE.

my sets are not deleted automatically, because some of them are in the failed storage, and I did not find another way to put this label and hope that it works. Do you have other options?
I checked your option, it didn’t work.
Thanks for the help

I solved my problem. Maybe someone will come in handy.

Go to 

1. In interfaces Veritas Backup Exec - go to Сonfiguration and parameters - Parameters Backup Exec - Network and security - off Block storages.
  2. In interfaces Veritas Backup Exec - go to Сonfiguration and parameters - Parameters Backup Exec - Catalogs - enable check box "use storage based directories".

Next step.

1. Start BEUtility.exe in the catalog C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec (example).
  2. in BEUtility - all servers Backup Exec- select your server - right-click in the context menu - stop all service.
  3. rename folder Catalogs in C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\
  4. Delete old archivs in Storage backup (which are damaged).
  5.  Start all services.
  6. Start Veritas Backup Exec.
  7. Go to tab storage and launch "performinventory and cataloging  ".

it's all. 

Sorry for my English

Gurvinder

ok, that is good.