cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with robotic library

Pechar
Level 3

Hello,

we have bought a new dell tape library power vault 124T and I am not able to make it work with our BE 9.1.4691

the library and tape are installed at windows, and it seems to me that they are working correctly. When I allow them
for windows at removable storage snapin the library starts moving.

I would like to use latest symantec drivers but I was not able to find be package for 9.1 only not working links :(

After some investigation I have found that the problem could be that there is no SCSIchanger device at device manager
this I have tryed to make it work:
-did the repair installation
-deselect robotic library support at installation (uninstall) - no success - the component is still there
-complete reinstalation of be
-renaming catalogues
-trying to aply patch 5 - no luck it fails with "Failed to create SCSIChanger service" - so it seems to be the same problem.
-checking dcom rights (were ok)

Does anybody have any tip how to solve this, i really dont want to reinstal whole server.
Thanks for tips!
Pechar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Pechar,

Please take a look at the BackuP Exec 9.0x HCL...it doesn't appear to be supported. The only way that would work in this case would be to upgrade to a newer version of Backup Exec  if your support allows it...

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/282347.pdf

Craig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6

Pechar
Level 3

Thanks, still no luck, BE detects only tape drive and wont see robolib :(

CraigV
Hi Pechar,

Please take a look at the BackuP Exec 9.0x HCL...it doesn't appear to be supported. The only way that would work in this case would be to upgrade to a newer version of Backup Exec  if your support allows it...

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/282347.pdf

Craig

Pechar
Level 3

Shame on me.
Surrely I was checking this, but I have found only BE 9.x for netware servers comp. list and 124t is there so I assumed that win version will also work...

I can¨t move to newer version becasuse of another compatibility problems and I have to solve this differently.
Anyway thanks for help!
Pechar

CraigV
Mmm...yeah, unfortunately the only thing to do next time would be to check the HCL of whatever version you are running/intend to run.
That is basically the final say in what hardware you can use with any version of Backup Exec. Sorry it doesn't work out for you...