cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probleme mit Backup Exec 15 und der Lizenzierung

IT-Department
Level 2

Hallo Zusammen,

ich habe einen neuen Server 2012 R2 mit Backup Exec15 aufgesetzt. Ich habe auch die Lizenzen für den Backup Exec 15 Server inkl. 2 Agenten für Anwendungen und Datenbanken sowie 2 Agenten für Windows eingespielt. Siehe Bilder.

Nun zum Problem: In der Ansicht Lizenzinformationen, zählen die verbleibenden Tage noch immer runter. Das war in Backup Exec 14 nicht der Fall!

Außerdem habe ich jetzt noch das Problem, das ich einen Exchange Server 2013 komplett sichere, aber einzelne Postfach Elemente (eine gelöschte E-Mail zum Beispiel) nicht wieder herstellen kann, sondern nur die ganze Datenbank. Auch das ging noch in der Vorgängerversion.

Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen? 

Lizenzen_BackupExec15.PNGLizenzinformationen.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Because you greyed out the whole of the serial numbers I cannot tell if they started with the character A or character M

If M then you do not have any product license for agent installed you just have the core Backup Exec server product and miantenance licenses for the agents and therefore still need the product licenses.

If A then the maintenance and product should be combined so try CraigVs uninstall suggestion.

Note: you can use the info in http://www.veritas.com/docs/000107666 to look at the details of your SLF files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Uninstall the license file (*.slf) and then reinstall it.

Otherwise contact Veritas to get them to take a look at why the trial licenses still show.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

Because you greyed out the whole of the serial numbers I cannot tell if they started with the character A or character M

If M then you do not have any product license for agent installed you just have the core Backup Exec server product and miantenance licenses for the agents and therefore still need the product licenses.

If A then the maintenance and product should be combined so try CraigVs uninstall suggestion.

Note: you can use the info in http://www.veritas.com/docs/000107666 to look at the details of your SLF files.

IT-Department
Level 2

Licences.png

All licence numbers starts with character A, pls look at the picture above.

Colin_Weaver

Ok so you need to try CraigVs suggestion of removing and re-assing the license (make sure you remove the SLF files form the path under C:\Program Data during the process.)

if this still fails you may need to log a formal support case

IT-Department
Level 2

Hi folks, now it works, I insert only the maintence keys. I dont`t know that it gives seperatet key for the agents and the main product. my fault sorry thx @ all

It isn´t simple to understand the licence-portal, if it is mixed in german and english laguage.

AnetteDie
Level 2

Hallo,

ist in den Backup-Optionen für den Exchange-Server bei Microsoft Exchange der Haken bei
"Verwenden Sie Backup-Exec Granular Technologie..." gesetzt?

Die GRT muss verwendet werden, um einzelne Postfachelemente wiederherzustellen.

Viele Grüße