cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems backing up Sharepoint 2005 with BE 12

RpR
Level 4

Hello Symantec forums! :)

I've recently been employed to take care of the systems of a medium sized company, and their backup solution (BE12) is having trouble backing up the SQL from their Sharepoint 2005.

The logs point me to this article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_sli.jsp?umi=EvtID=V-79-57344-794

However, I've checked the Sharepoint installation, and there's no space in the SSP name.

All other articles I seem to find regarding this issue just seem to repeat the same chore about the space in the SSP name, over and over again.

Anyone here got suggestions? I can't be the only one with this problem :\

2 REPLIES 2

RpR
Level 4

Almost forrgot, cut and pasted from Backup Exec:

Errors:
Backup- SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_DB) Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.
Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_Search_DB) Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.
Backup- SharePoint - 8181\Content-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\WSS_Content) Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.
Backup- SharePoint - 80\Content-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\WSS_Content_Mysite) Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.

Exception:
Backup- SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_DB) WARNING: "SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_DB)\SharedServices_DB" is a corrupt file. 
This file cannot verify.
Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_Search_DB) WARNING: "Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (PORTALSQL\SharedServices_Search_DB)\SharedServices_Search_DB" is a corrupt file. 
This file cannot verify.

I highly doubt the files are corrupt, Sharepoint is running daily with constant usage and no errors.

RpR
Level 4

Bump? I'm fairly disappointed there's noone with more info on this.