cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems combining Backup Exec 2012 SP2 downloads

bighounddawg13
Not applicable

Anyone else having problems combining the two downloads to create installation media for Backup Exec 2012 SP2?

I have tried several times, but the command file does not seem to be working for me. I downloaded all three files as directed on the site, but when I double click on the command file - nothing happens.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Make sure whatever you are using to download the individual files is setting the filenames and extensions correctly for each part (if unsure take a look inside the .CMD file using notepad to confirm the names)

2) Run the .CMD file by opening the command prompt manually and then running the command file as running it this way will allow you to see any error messages as the prompt will stay open

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that all 3 files are in the same directory and the .cmd file should be run from this directory.  The previous advice of using a command prompt is correct.  You should use a command prompt and change the directory to the directory containing all the 3 files before running the .cmd file in the command prompt.

BGKilian
Level 2

I had the same issue.  After a little investigation, I discovered our McAfee Security Gateway had removed the .CMD file during the download.  I then downloaded the .CMD file on an unprotected network and then tranferred the file to the directory with the first two files.