cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting to remote server agent

DJ_XTC
Level 3
I upgraded to 12.5 SP3 (from 11d) and now when i try to connect to remote servers i can't.

When selecting a server i get the logon account prompt which first gives me an error message saying Access Denied. After i choose the correct login name it changes the error message to:
"The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed"

I've upgraded the remote agents to match the version im running on the backup server.

There is a firewall between the servers but everything worked fine before the upgrade. Backup Exec ports are opened in the firewall.

Anyone have any ideas on where i can start troubleshooting?

6 REPLIES 6

Stix
Level 4
Can you connect to admin$ or c$ of the remote servers using the logon account?

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Make sure that the Backup Exec Service account is a member of the Local Admin Group if the Remote Server is not a Domain controller.

Open the Selection list-->Resource Credentials...highlight the problem server and click on Test Credentials...If you are getting accedd denied, this means there is something blocking backup exec.

DJ_XTC
Level 3
Dev T:
I'm not getting access denied when testing the credentials. The error message i get there is:

"The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed"

And i can't even change the selections either.

Stix:
I can't connect to anything on the server. When choosing the server in selections i get a Logon Account prompt, then i choose the proper account. And after about a minute i get the above error message.

The strange thing is that this started after the upgrade from 11d to 12.5, it worked flawlessly before.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Silly question first

Did you upgrade the Remote Agent?

if you logon to the media server as the BackupExec Service Account, can you map and access shares on this server?

DJ_XTC
Level 3
Yes, the remote agent is upgraded.

Theres no difference if i logon as the service account or another account. The remote server is in another Active Directory and also behind a firewall. Anyone have any ideas if the port assignments has been changed in 12.5d compared to 11d?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Don't think so, but check out   (don't have to worry about firewalls, here)

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/309481.htm
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278944.htm