cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems on cleaning TAPE

jaraujo
Not applicable
Olá, A tape de limpeza expirou, por isso, comprei uma nova e substitui-a, mas o backupexec 12.0, continua a dizer que a tape de limpeza está expirada ou avariada. Este é o erro, após executar o job de limpeza: e0008234 - Library Error - attempt to clean a drive in a library with expired or bad cleaning media. Já fiz uma série de alterações, mas não consigo resolver o problema, alguem me pode ajudar? Por favor... Muito obrigado, Jorge Araújo ________________________________________________________________________________________ Hello everyone, The cleaning tape has expired, so we bought a new one and replace it, but the BackupExec 12.0, continues to say that the cleaning tape is expired or damaged. This is the error, after executing cleaning job: e0008234 - Library Error - attempt to clean a drive in a library with expired or bad cleaning media. I've done a number of changes, but I can not solve the problem, someone help me? Please ... Thank you, Jorge Araujo
2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

On the devices tap move the cleaning tape to retired media, delete it from the retired media and recycle the BE services and try the cleaning again.
Also make sure you are using the latest symantec drivers, check in the device manager

Symc_Techie
Level 5
Employee
You may also try a different cleaning tape or maybe try designating a different slot as a cleaning slot and insert the cleaning tape in that slot.