cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems restoring from disk

RLC0101
Level 4

We have something odd happening.   We are using Backup Exec 2010 R2 v 13.0 on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server.

Our backup strategy is to backup to disk, then duplicate that to tape and then to duplicate the disk backup again to another set of tapes (for off-site storage).

We run several backup jobs to keep things moving and perform the full backups over the weekends. 

An example of the problem we are experiencing is described below:

Our backup jobs are completing succesfully for backup jobs A & B.

We can restore from both of the B2T backup sets for both jobs A & B.

We can restore data from the B2D job from job B, but the B2D backup set for Job A shows all the files when we attempt a restore, however the restore job simply hangs in a queued state (for some backup jobs) and the data is never restored (waiting about 8 - 10 hours for a small file to restore - same file took about 5 minutes to restore from tape).

When I look at the media tab in Backup Exec,  we have several B2D jobs that show as active (green arrow) in the Online Media window.  We have a total of 9 B2D jobs that show active.  No IMG media are active.  Some of the active B2D jobs completed about a month ago and are obviously no longer running.

I am wondering if one on the active B2D media is blocking the restore from B2D?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RLC0101
Level 4

I was able to get rid of the online jobs by deleting the B2D folder with active B2D jobs, moving them to a temporary B2D folder and then recreating the B2D folder.  The jobs did recreate after I recreated the B2D job and they no longer show as being active.

I think all is good at this point.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When I look at the media tab in Backup Exec,  we have several B2D jobs that show as active (green arrow) in the Online Media window.  We have a total of 9 B2D jobs that show active.

You would not be able to see any jobs in the Media tab.  I hink you should post a screenshot to show exactly what you mean.

RLC0101
Level 4

Screen shot of Media Window as requested

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You are right.  It looks like the .bkf files are still being used by some jobs, so that cannot be overwritten.  Have you tried to re-start the BE services to clear the problem?

RLC0101
Level 4

I was able to get rid of the online jobs by deleting the B2D folder with active B2D jobs, moving them to a temporary B2D folder and then recreating the B2D folder.  The jobs did recreate after I recreated the B2D job and they no longer show as being active.

I think all is good at this point.