cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Backup-to-Disk on Backup Exec 11d

LostOne73
Level 2

First off, I do realize this is an outdated version. I am at a clients site and have already requested they purchase 2012. It will be a while before they are able to buy it, so for now I need to try and support this version.

My problem is that I do not see any of the Backup-to-Disk folders as a valid device option when creating/changing jobs. The current jobs all have the Backup-to-Disk Folder selected. I can see the Backup-to-Disk folders under the devices tab, so Backup Exec does recognize the folders as valid Devices, they just do not appear as an option when setting up a job.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LostOne73
Level 2

RahulG,

Thank you for replying.

I was able to figure out the answer and wanted to share it with anyone else who might run into this. The problem was that the Backup-to-Disk folder was not part of a Pool, so the jobs could not find it. I created a pool for just that folder, and now I can select it as a device.

Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It mostly seems to be an issue with the logon account check for the following http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH184449

.      The password for the Backup Exec System Logon Account (network > logon accounts) and/or the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) (Tools > Backup Exec services > Services Credentials) need to match the password set in Active Directory.

2.      Check all the basic Backup Exec permissions, this can be done with Group Policy Management Console on a domain controller or Local Security Policy on the Media server.  If the Local Policies are locked out by a Group Policy, the permissions will need to be added with the Group Policy Management Console at the domain controller.

·               Act as part of the operating system  

·               Backup files and directories

·               Create a token object

·               Log on as a batch job Log on as a service 

·               Manage auditing and security log (BE 2010 R3 and later)

·               Restore files and directories

·               Take ownership of files and other objects

For assistance on this task:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136148

LostOne73
Level 2

RahulG,

Thank you for replying.

I was able to figure out the answer and wanted to share it with anyone else who might run into this. The problem was that the Backup-to-Disk folder was not part of a Pool, so the jobs could not find it. I created a pool for just that folder, and now I can select it as a device.

Hope this helps someone else.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Thanks for sharing the solution !! Cheers.