cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the ServerFree and Updates for B.E 9.1

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
There are a couple of things that i need resolving. Firstly there is a problem on the backup logs that suggest the following:-

ServerFree backup verification failed. A data mover cannot be detected in the hardware. Performing the backup from a snapped volume.

I have spoke to our IT dept and they suggest that we update the patchs and upgrades for version 9.1 using Windows 2003 server.

Can you tell me how to overcome the ServerFree problem and also what patches and upgrades i should have on 9.1. I currently have the following

Version 9.1 Rev 4691

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Shay!

The ServerFree Option is designed to move data from a source suchas a fibre disk array to a target such as a SAN-attached tape library, withminimal involvement from the media server. The actual process of moving datafrom the fibre channel disk array to the target backup device is done by the hardware which acts as a data mover, and is typically found in a Fibre-to-SCSI bridge or router. However, the data mover could actually reside in any hardware component in the SAN; its actual location is determined by the SAN hardware manufacturer. See the following Document for more information regarding the tested solutions: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/257287.htm

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.