cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt to acknowledge tape ejection

nhseacoast
Not applicable

I'm running Backup Exec 2012 for the first time.  I have checked the box to eject the tape when the backup completes.  The problem is that the backup won't complete until I acknowledge that the tape is ejected.  I don't want to have to click anything to complete the backup but I can't find where this acknowledgment is required.  Please advise, thanks..

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Go to Alert Categories (Backup Exec button >> Configuration and Settings >> Alerts and Nitification >.Alert Categories ) and select the "Media Remote" option.

Then enable the "Automatically Clear after" and set the time in minutes.

Note that the default grayed out option selected is CANCEL. So use the following link to change the same to YES.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160277 : "Respond with" field is greyed out when trying to set up automatic response for Media Insert/Remove or Library Insert alerts

Thanks,

Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that the default grayed out option selected is CANCEL

The default option for the Remove Media alert is OK, not Cancel.  There is no need to use BEUtility to change anything.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Which version of Backup Exec are you looking at??..... the default setting for "Media Remove"alert is Respond with CANCEL and its grayed out... This is in Backup Exec 2012 which OP is using here.... Here is the screenshot for your reference.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. I am aware of that the choice to select the response is greyed out, but your recommendation to change the response using BEUtility is not necessary.  As I said before, the default response is O.K.  The user only need to set the auto-response timing.  He don't have to worry about the actual response itself because the default is correct.