cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper steps to backup Exchange 2007 SCC with BE 11d?

Haleon
Not applicable

Hello all,

I apologize if this question has been answered before. I tried searching, but I couldn't find something that pertained to my particular situation.

I have an Exchange 2007 SCC (single copy cluster - the old school method) that I want to back up with BE 11d.  BE is not running on the Exchange boxes, it's running on one of our DCs.  How do I go about installing the remote agent to the cluster?  I'm not sure if I need to install it on both boxes individually, or if I install it to the actual cluster resource.  Any tricks I need to be aware of?  Also, I'm reading that backing up Exchange 2007 with 11d seems to be somewhat tricky, so I've installed the MAPI tools and the Exchange management tools on the BE server already.  Not sure if there is anything else I need to do.

While I'm at it, I also have a normal cluster of servers acting as a fileshare.  How do I go about backing up the files on that cluster?  I can find documentation for installing Backup Exec ON a cluster, but not for installing the remote agent or backing up a cluster.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Jon

1 REPLY 1

Anup
Level 6
Certified

You need to install remote agent on the physical nodes.

You need to backup through the virtual node.

You need to install Management tools on BE server and MAPI/CDO package on exchange server.