cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pst is in backup selection list but was not found

Sushain_Kapoor1
Level 3

Hi

I am using Symantec backup exec 2010 R3 for taking backup of outlook pst files. these pst files are placed at network share folder and they get backed up by desktop laptop option. When ever i change the selection list i am getting this error. On a new task backup is successful, but rescheduling the task backup is completed with exceptions. after subsequent rescheduling the task the backup fails.

In reality the pst's are really there for backup. Kindly suggest if AOFO is to be used what are the options to be checked, is license requirement their for AOFO backup.

In the selection list in desktop client we are mannually choosing the pst's( ie latest pst) of the user.

Need a solution for this on urgent basis.

Thanks in Advance !

Sushain Kapoor

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Make sure the *.pst files aren't being excluded, but turning on AOFO in this case is really recommended. Do this, run a backup again, and check the results.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

DLO is designed to protect data on the harddisk of the client computer running outlook. It is not designed to protect anything on a network share. You should be backing up the server containing the shares with a standard remote agent (not using DLO) to protect the data on the shares.

CraigV

...I should have spotted that! Nice one...

Sushain_Kapoor1
Level 3

doing the same, picking up pst from the stard share where the psts get backed.

DLO throws backup at share path. i am selecting that share path fro backing up.

CraigV

...then load the RAWS agent on the server where the shares are kept to store the *.psts, and configure a job to back them up.

Thanks!