cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureDisk DeDupe Media moved to Offline

Bayside_City_Co
Level 3

We have BE2010 R3 and on Win 2008 x64 Server with a 9 TB Local Disk allocated/dedicated to DeDupe.  Initially everything worked like a dream but for several weeks now the DeDupe engine seems to be marking more and more OST*** Media as Offline. This is causing the DeDupe Jobs to fail.  Spoke to Symantec Support and they have no options to do maintenance on the the DeDupe database to force the Pure-Disk engine to remove any corrupt media it can no longer can access.

How does the Pure-Disk Virtual Media Device loose its virtual media?

The only way I can see to stop this is to remove the Dedupe Volume all together and then Format the Volume and create a new one. Then hope this issue does not return.

Anyone else seeing this?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Is your media server up-to-date with the latest patches (SP1 and everything after that)? If not, update and patch any remote servers and check again.

Thanks!

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Same problem to me on one of my media server's, did you found a solution for this?

Cheers,

Nuno

manojmsr
Level 2

I think your media is disconnected or drivers may be currupt. Please check you able to see the media in device manager.

Please remove the media once & reconnect the same to server.and restart the backup exec services again from Tool option.

regards,

manoj R.