cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum Superloader 3 L700 and BE 2014

rwood56847
Level 3

I was unable to find my tape drive on the BE 2014 HCL, but we are currently running BE 2010 and could not find it on the HCL for that version either. What I would like to know is if anyone has tried BE 2014 with this tape drive(Quantum Superloader 3 L700) and did it work?

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If it is not in the HCL, then it is not supported. Even if you managed to get it to work, you would not be able to log a support case with Symantec when things go wrong. You are on your own

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There are quite a bit of Quantum Superloader 3's listed in the HCL along with the drive type and interface. I believe the L700 uses the DLT-S4 drive. Best to check the device and drive inquiry string and see if it matches in the HCL or not.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I think the "L700"  is just the internal model number that Quantum uses.  All the marketing is simply done with "SuperLoader 3".  So you can ignore the "L700" for HCL purposes as it doesn't clarify the type of drive or interface.

What tape drive and tape drive inquiry string do you have? 

What interface are you using (pSCSI, SAS, FC)?

Can you post your adamm.log file from BE 2010?

Have you tried it with BE 2014?

The SuperLoader 3 doesn't have major differences between the BE 2010 and BE 2014 HCLs. I expect yours to work and be supported with both BE versions, but the details are needed to confirm.

rwood56847
Level 3

I looked at the Identifiers in the registry for the drive and it showed:

QUANTUM UHDL

QUANTIUM ULTRIUM 4

Is that the correct string I'm looking for?

rwood56847
Level 3

SCSI

rwood56847
Level 3

I checked and was unable to find the adamm.log under the BackupExec folder. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

The adamm.log file is one level deeper... under the \logs folder.

A Quantum SuperLoader 3 with Quantum LTO4 is listed as supported when using SAS, but I don't see a listing for parallel SCSI.  Maybe it is just an oversight and missing from the HCL as I bet it works fine with either the SCSI or SAS interface.

rwood56847
Level 3

So the adamm.log said the same thing as the registry. I haven't tried the BE 2014 because we are doing a hardware refresh and fresh install. I don't want to interrupt the current server because it's in production. I also don't want to use our current tape drive if we are going to run into problems with BE 2014.

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

We have confirmed that the Quantum SuperLoader 3 robotic library with Quantum LTO4 SCSI tape drive is missing from the Backup Exec HCLs.  We are working to correct that.