cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Backup Exec 2012 automation

merhard
Level 2

Hello all!

My apologies if this has been answered somewhere before.  I had a question about archiving stuff to tape.  I am currently running Backup Exec 2012 in my companies' development environment.  Our backup is fairly simple, full on monday and incrementals on tues-fri to disk with a to tape job that brings the backups on disk to tape on saturday morning.  The to disk backups automatically expire after 1 week

My concern is that sometimes backups will error out, take longer than expected, or the environment may change/expand which means we will wont be able to fit our tape job in over the weeknd and the 2 disk jobs will expire before we can run a to tape.

I talked to support about this and they said there is no way in the gui to run some sort of policy that says IF tape job is completed & job is sucessful, erase to disk.

I was wondering if there was a way I could script / automate this process with symantec APIs or via command line.  If someone could point me in the direction of some getting started documentation on automating backup exec I would greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Here is link on using BEMCLI to erase a tape  I hope this is helpful

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Here is link on using BEMCLI to erase a tape  I hope this is helpful

merhard
Level 2