cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about DLO and BackupExec 2010

griam01
Level 2

This is more of a Disaster Recovery scenario more than anything else, but based on the research I have done, it appears that what is setup will not work.

Scenario:  Backup Exec 2010 R2 with DLO option.  DLO repository of user data is on c:\DLO.  System is backed up daily with Backup Exec

If a disaster occurs and the server is rendered inoperative, Can I resotre the DLO repository (c:\DLO) from my backup to a new install of DLO on another server and successfully restore data from DLO?

I believe because of the encryption that this doesn't work, but I don't understand why Symantec would make a product that could not be backed up and restored in such a scenario.  Thanks for the advice.

2 REPLIES 2

SaurabhK
Level 4
Employee

DLO is an option provided to backup "documents" or data from workstations when they are on or off your LAN to provide a easy recovery for user data.

Backing up a DLO NUDF (Storage location) will not help. If your user documents are critical, you may point their "My Documents" to a centralized location and backup using Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows.

griam01
Level 2

So basically you are stating that you cannot restore the DLO database and NUDF and successfully restore the files in the even of a disaster.