cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Backup of Windows 2012 R2 DC

charper93
Level 2

So, I did an upgrade on our backup system, and changed server software over to Windows Server 2016 and Backup Exec 20.2.  However, ever since then I cannot get any of my 2012 R2 DCs to backup, and MS Exchange (which I may have found a resolve for that) is failing with a 'Null' error.  Now, doing things backwards, I looked at the Admin guide and noticed something that worries me now.  So, regardless of a newer version of Windows Server being used for the Backup Media Server, I am stuck running Windows Server 2012 R2 if I want to GRT?  The following is what I get from the Job Completion Status:

Final error: 0xe000034c - Error: Unable to back up the selected resource using the specified options because the Backup Exec Active Directory Recovery Agent did not install completely.
Final error category: Resource Errors

And the Errors:

V-79-57344-844 - Cannot complete the operation because the Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver cannot be found. Ensure that the Agent for Microsoft Active Directory is installed and that the VFF driver is enabled and then retry. Alternatively, disable Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) and then retry.

Any insight into this is appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Seems VFF Driver is not running when BE got upgraded. You can check the install log bkupinst20.htm.

To quick solve it, launch installation and licensing from BE Icon in UI. Remove he database license and go through the install.

Remove the license files
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100027198

Install back the database license (put back the license files) and reboot.

Retry the GRT backup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Seems VFF Driver is not running when BE got upgraded. You can check the install log bkupinst20.htm.

To quick solve it, launch installation and licensing from BE Icon in UI. Remove he database license and go through the install.

Remove the license files
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100027198

Install back the database license (put back the license files) and reboot.

Retry the GRT backup.

Sorry for the late respone, but something came up, but thanks!  That did the trick!