cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about BE 2010

hetfield_86
Level 5

Hello everybody, I have some questions about BE 2010:

1- Where could I find prices for Backup Exec 2010 and his agents and options?

2- Where could I find BE 2010 documentation?

3-Does BE 2010 support Tape Libraries with 2 controllers??

Thanks for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Backup Exec is sold primarily through Symantec's partners, who will provide you with pricing to your hearts content. Alternatively in some countries you can buy direct from Symantec through their website. There are a great number of SKUs available, so be sure you know what you need before you go diving into purchasing. This is where the 60 day trial of Backup Exec comes in handy.

Backup Exec documentation is on the Symantec support site. The Administrators Guide contains almost everything you need to know.

Do you mean tape libraries with two drives? Backup Exec has a wide range of hardware support. The best thing to do is check the Backup Exec 2010 Hardware Compatibility List.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Backup Exec is sold primarily through Symantec's partners, who will provide you with pricing to your hearts content. Alternatively in some countries you can buy direct from Symantec through their website. There are a great number of SKUs available, so be sure you know what you need before you go diving into purchasing. This is where the 60 day trial of Backup Exec comes in handy.

Backup Exec documentation is on the Symantec support site. The Administrators Guide contains almost everything you need to know.

Do you mean tape libraries with two drives? Backup Exec has a wide range of hardware support. The best thing to do is check the Backup Exec 2010 Hardware Compatibility List.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Call on this number 

Call 1-877-294-5255

Or
Fill the below form they will contact you

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

3-Does BE 2010 support Tape Libraries with 2 controllers??

Yes, but you will need a Tape Library Extension license to get it work properly.

teiva-boy
Level 6

NEVER buy direct from Symantec, unless you have extra money you dont care for.  Always buy through a reseller.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

re: 3-Does BE 2010 support Tape Libraries with 2 controllers??

I assume you are asking about multiple FC HBA controllers in one server?  If so, then yes.