cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick way to find out what job a tape was used in

DanyB
Level 3
 Hi guys,

I've set up BE to do a full backup each Sunday, with Incrementals every other day.

Sometimes I seem to get an orphaned tape that I can't easily identify what's on it.

Is there a quick way to determine which backup job(s) a tape was used for?  (Right now, I'm just rt-clicking the Media Set and looking in the properties for what tapes were used... kinda tedious)

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
Try this:
Go to Devices tab. Right click on the tape and select CATALOG. Once that is done, single click on the tape (to highlight it), then go to Restore tab. It should automatically show you what's on the tape

Harry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

THarry
Level 5
Which version are you using?
There should be a RESTORE tab. Go there and when you expand the information, you should see a list of all the backups you've done and each line will also show which tape was used.

Harry

DanyB
Level 3
I'm using v9.1 with the latest hotfixes.

OK, that's embarassing, my screen size is small on the system, so I didn't resize the window enough to see the lead tape there in parens.

Is there another way to see all the tapes used on a job though?  Some of my backup jobs eat up like 5-6 tapes at a time, and the orphaned one I have wasn't listed there

Thanks
Dany

THarry
Level 5
Try this:
Go to Devices tab. Right click on the tape and select CATALOG. Once that is done, single click on the tape (to highlight it), then go to Restore tab. It should automatically show you what's on the tape

Harry